You've Been Here This Many Times:

Thursday, July 12, 2012

[el-juicy ho]

Whew!  It's been a hot second in life since I posted here!  There has been a big hoopla about my juice fasting and people have been asking questions.  There are a few places you can find videos, which I can link but I can outline most of it below.

I'm happy to say I've lost 15 pounds, have about 18 to go!!

--------------------------


Okay!!!! Here are the shorthand notes on how i'm doing - I juice once or twice a day after juicing fasting for... 14 days straight? At that point I had put my body into a hiatus and starvation mode - so i kicked it back up by drinking a protein shake every day (the Elite Whey Protein Isolate in Gourmet Vanilla - about $25 for a 2lb Tub that will last you at least 3 months), 5 brussel sprouts boiled with chopped garlic, juice at night and today I had something like 1/4 of a peeled, chopped cucumber? Crazy craving that I wanted to make sure I had a healthy snack - I was too full even to finish it.You don't really have a taste for food after that.

 I think after all of that it comes up to 390 - something calories for me today. Now that is 800 less than the amount even as an extreme dieter are supposed to consume - so that is why I tell everyone to go talk to a doctor first - in the documentary "Fat. Sick, and Nearly Dead" if you drink 3 of the "Mean Green Juices" that actually adds up to 1200 calories so your metabolic rate stays up.  The website they have up doesn't even advise you to go beyond a 3 day fast and they have a pretty bangin' community over there.


Okay! Working out: I had a trainer for a while and then realized, why am I doing this when I can just use my apartment's gym? I usually run/walk briskly on a treadmill for 45mins - 1hr. And then depending on if I am strength training (weights, etc.) I will switch it out (25 strength/35 cardio) etc etc. Try to get an hour in every day as of so far and am still losing a pound or so a day.  This is every day - so slowly I am increasing this since I literally was an inactive fat oaf before hand.



I even had 3 days off of all of good eating because i was in Nashville and wasn't going to spend 4 bucks a meal on Odwalla or Naked drinks. So. I realized that even trying to eat hashbrowns and one egg for breakfast = tummy NOT happy. So if you are going on a crazy fast, there are sites that tell you how to come off of it. 


--------------------------------

I own a Cuisinart juicer - it's a good one, but if you can't afford it - just get a damn juicer.
 Something that JUICES!

This is what is in one serving of my juice:
3 Kale Leaves
1 Handful of Spinach
1 Granny Smith Apple
1/2 Cucumber
3 Stalks of Celery
1/2 Lemon
4 Strawberries
Thumb sized piece of ginger

-------

I was drinking this three times a day, but now I am down to once at night and I always make juice in advance for the next day.

I also drink...way more than 8 cups of water a day (keeps you full - less crazy girl cravings!)

Here are some progress pictures (far right was taken 10 minutes ago):







Please ask more questions if you have any -


 I am going to post all of them on my blog! xoxo


P.S. Follow me on Instagram! Handle: khrist

No comments :