You've Been Here This Many Times:

Friday, November 14, 2014

[recipes, tips, and all the nitty gritty for juicing]

Thank you for the awesome feedback everyone!

Per request I am going to go through the "Mean Green" recipe.
I am also going to link to a few others as some people cannot stomach the taste - it definitely is something you have to acquire.

Preparing for your juice fast:
  1. Drink tons of water two to three days before you start and throughout the fast.  You need to also drink about 10 cups of water at *least* a day while juicing.  It helps you feel "fuller."
  2. Eat light foods to prepare yourself.  Seafood/fish and vegetables is a good way to go.  Limit your carbs, processed foods, sugar, and dairy intake - makes the transition so much easier.  Limiting alcohol and nicotine helps too!  Remember you are cleansing out your body just as much as you are losing weight!
  3. *MAKE A SHOPPING LIST* You are going to be going to the grocery store or farmers market (best pricing) a lot.  
  4. Buy an airtight container to keep excess juice.  I generally make enough for two days and stick it in the back of the fridge.  It will separate so just shake it back up.  Any longer than two days the plants will start losing the nutrients and it won't do you really good to drink it.
  5. Yogi Detox Tea is super great to drink before and during fasting.  You can find it at pretty much any supermarket or grocery store.  Here is the product page just in case you get lost trying to find it: Yogi Detox Tea.
  6. Juicing for Health is a great website for alternate juice recipes and health related juice information and I'll post some direct links to other juices below.
The ingredients for a 12-16 oz. glass is as follows:
- 6 kale leaves
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cucumber
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 2 green apples
- Small knob of ginger (optional)




I generally do not put the ginger in mine and throw a few berries (blueberries or strawberries) to help the taste. Juice the leafy ingredients first as the other ingredients will push more juice through.  Also, cut your green apples into quarters. And lastly sometimes I use a whole lemon.

I personally drink 8 oz. at a time three times a day.  That is less than recommended as a 12 oz. cup only has 310 calories and 10g of protein! So starters, drink up with your 12 oz. at 4 times a day.  Also, whey protein powder helps as well if you need a protein boost.  Throw a scoop in there and you are golden!

Tip: If you do not own a juicer, you can use a blender too!  Add all ingredients with 1 1/2 cups of water and ice.  Found this on SkinnyMs.com

---------------------------------------------------


This is the juicer I own: 
It was a good investment as I did a 30 day fast. But you do *not* have to have the top of the line to juice vegetables and fruit!  This is just a personal favorite.

--------------------------------------------------

Once again, please get on Netflix or find a way to way Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  It prompted me to do my fast and kept me going!  Joe Cross has a website with all sorts of good information.
Reboot With Joe Website

Also on the website has tons of good recipes and tips, especially if the Mean Green isn't the one for ya'!

-------------------------------------------------

As I go along I will be posting updates and more than likely Vlogs so you can see progress and "how to" videos that will more than likely be hilarious.
  I unlocked comments so anyone can comment on these posts!
Next blog posts will include workout tips as I go along after trying them (ha!) and I have requested a few guest bloggers to help with beauty and health - so stay tuned.
I look forward to juicing with everyone and thank you for the amazing feedback.
Let me know what *YOU* want to see me cover next!!!

xoxo
- K





Note: I am not a medical professional and this is not to be taken as medical advice.  Please consult a doctor before starting any sort of regimen or fast.  I am not responsible for any medical issues that may arise from irresponsibly fasting. 







No comments :